Thursday, March 26, 2015

finial review

My book The redhead Plays her Hand was a interesting novel. Interesting in a way that isn't at all intellectually stimulating. It was hard to find the actual plot. It seemed to be hidden with meaningless conversations and very predictable actions for the characters. They diction was average which made it an easy read. There was some interesting syntax in the way it was set up. But other then that nothing really grabbed my attention. It was a quick cheesy read.
The ending was very predictable. After Gracie kicked Jack out he cleaned up his act. He started to stop drinking and using drugs. Gracie being heart broken and lonely takes him back after he has proven that he is sober. The paparazzi has slowed down and they came out publicly with their relationship. Gracie is becoming a big star and Jack is becoming an even bigger one. All and all they live happily ever after. Super predictable and not all cheesy. 
At first I thought that this book was going to be about changing the Hollywood stereo type but I think it just added to it. The glamor of the spot light and the pressure to be what they want you to be is all there it didn't change a lot of my thinking on the Hollywood life style. Jack is a heavy drinker like lots of other real hollywood stars. Gracie isn't a good girl either she drinks as well. They went to clubs almost every night. Gracie continued to starve herself for this role. We all know that this happens but we don't do anything to change it. They are in the spotlight all the time and that kind of pressure and stress. To relieve the stress of the job they go and party. This is a problem that we need to fix in our society and it starts with writing good well written books that actually dress this problem. I don't believe that this book did anything but help enforce these stereo types. 
If I could rewrite this book I would change the plot almost completely to have it not support theHollywood image but actually make its readers believe other wise.  I would have the characters have more development. I would add a more complicated and less predictable ending. Over all I would not highly recommend this book. B-


Image result for the redhead plays her hand

1 comment:

  1. That also annoys me when a book doesn't have an actual story and is filled with a bunch of sentences without too much meaning.

    ReplyDelete