Tuesday, March 24, 2015

unique set up

This book is set up in an interesting way. The author has decided to write it in first person perspective. I believe that this was a great choice in helping the author understand what the chapters are feeling and how they interact. The author has put internal dialogue into the conversations which shows you exactly how the character is thinking.
It helps you understand the stress Gracie is under taking and how the way we perceive the Hollywood life is wrong. In this quote its Gracie thinking about living in Iowa and leaving the Hollywood life.
"...I could grow my own salads and put up jars of jam and beans for us to survive the hard, lean winter? Okay, your not Laura Ingalls..." 
The italicized words is her angel on her shoulder. It helps you see that she is not serious in what she's actually saying. Its also used for humor purposes. It adds a light hearted sense to the conversation. I was also able to relate to her when she does this. Sometimes when I'm thinking I have a voice for my voice in my head.
The author also at the beginning of most chapters starts it off with a fake news article about the characters. This i think is very unique to the book. It helps the reader understand what happened the chapter before was about and gives a nice summary. I am stating to think that the paparazzi is the antagonist. The articles at the beginning of the chapters are the paparazzi's dialogue and their contribution to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment